I am grateful to Gergő Csibra and Gyury Gergely for detailed email conversations on the topic of this paper and also to Gyury for his detailed comments on an earlier version. Thanks to Deirdre Wilson for her invaluable help and support. Early versions of the paper were presented at NYU, l’Université Libre in Brussels, the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences in Amsterdam, the University of Bonn, the University of Milan and the twenty-ninth European Workshop on Cognitive Neuropsychology in Bressanone. I am grateful to the audiences there for their reactions, and to Renée Baillargeon, Harold Bekkering, Frédérique de Vignemont, Christopher Peacocke and Georges Rey for conversations on this topic. This work was supported by a grant from the French ministry of research (ANR-BLAN SOCODEV). I dedicate this paper to the memory of my friend Marc Jeannerod who died on July 1, 2011.
Sharing and Ascribing Goals
Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Mind & Language
Volume 27, Issue 2, pages 200–227, April 2012
How to Cite
JACOB, P. (2012), Sharing and Ascribing Goals. Mind & Language, 27: 200–227. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0017.2012.01441.x
- Issue online: 26 MAR 2012
- Version of Record online: 26 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!