Particular thanks to Elisabeth Camp and Kendall Walton for very helpful discussions. An earlier version of this paper was presented at the Workshop on Metarepresentation and Non-literal Language held at the CSMN (Oslo) in June 2009 – many thanks to Robyn Carston and Deirdre Wilson for inviting me to participate.
Metaphor, Idiom, and Pretense*
Article first published online: 20 JAN 2011
© 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 46, Issue 3, pages 499–524, September 2012
How to Cite
Wearing, C. (2012), Metaphor, Idiom, and Pretense. Noûs, 46: 499–524. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0068.2010.00819.x
- Issue published online: 8 AUG 2012
- Article first published online: 20 JAN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!