I have been working on this paper for a long time, and presented versions of it to the dissertation seminar at U.C. Berkeley in 2008, the 2009 Berkeley-London Conference, ASSC 14 in Toronto, and the 4th Online Consciousness Conference. I am grateful to audiences and commentators on those occasions, and especially to Tom Avery, Robert Briscoe, John Campbell, Sascha Fink, Aaron Henry, Mike Martin, Alva Noë, Lynn Robertson, Sherri Roush, Kranti Saran, Miguel Sebastian, James Stazicker, Assaf Weksler, and several anonymous referees for comments and discussion relating to this material. It is with regret that I apologize for not having been able to address sufficiently all the criticisms of my argument that these and other readers have raised.
Vision, Self-Location, and the Phenomenology of the ‘Point of View’†
Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2012
© 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 48, Issue 1, pages 137–155, March 2014
How to Cite
Schwenkler, J. (2014), Vision, Self-Location, and the Phenomenology of the ‘Point of View’. Noûs, 48: 137–155. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0068.2012.00871.x
- Issue online: 17 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 29 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!