*The survey which provides the data base for this paper was financed by a grant (RF71078, Allocation No. 16) from the Rockefeller Foundation, and was conducted when I was visiting the Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi during 1974–6. I gratefully acknowledge the assistance and facilities provided to me by both these sources. I am also grateful to John Knight, Ken Mayhew and John Cragg for comments on an earlier version of the paper, and to Chris Gilbert for guidance in the estimation of the Tobit model. I am, however, responsible for all errors and omissions.
RURAL-URBAN MIGRATION AND FAMILY TIES: AN ANALYSIS OF FAMILY CONSIDERATIONS IN MIGRATION BEHAVIOUR IN INDIA*
Version of Record online: 1 MAY 2009
© 1981 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Volume 43, Issue 4, pages 321–355, November 1981
How to Cite
Banerjee, B. (1981), RURAL-URBAN MIGRATION AND FAMILY TIES: AN ANALYSIS OF FAMILY CONSIDERATIONS IN MIGRATION BEHAVIOUR IN INDIA. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 43: 321–355. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0084.1981.mp43004002.x
- Issue online: 1 MAY 2009
- Version of Record online: 1 MAY 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!