We would like to thank, without implicating in the final product, Harold Alderman, Simon Appleton, David Bevan, Howarth Bouis, Paul Collier, Barbara Herz, Shahid Khandker, Regis Mahieu, Martin Ravallion, David Sahn, Duncan Thomas, seminar participants at Harvard, the International Centre for Research on Women, IFPRI, Nottingham, Oxford, Pennsylvania, Princeton, SOAS, Toronto, York, the World Bank, and the Editors for comments on earlier drafts. A previous version appeared as part of the study, Public Services and Household Allocation in Africa: Does Gender Matter? funded by the Women in Development Division, the World Bank. All errors and opinions are those of the authors.
DOES FEMALE INCOME SHARE INFLUENCE HOUSEHOLD EXPENDITURES? EVIDENCE FROM CÔTE D'IVOIRE
Article first published online: 2 MAR 2011
1995 Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Department of Economics, University of Oxford
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Volume 57, Issue 1, pages 77–96, February 1995
How to Cite
Hoddinott, J. and Haddad, L. (1995), DOES FEMALE INCOME SHARE INFLUENCE HOUSEHOLD EXPENDITURES? EVIDENCE FROM CÔTE D'IVOIRE. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 57: 77–96. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0084.1995.tb00028.x
- Issue published online: 2 MAR 2011
- Article first published online: 2 MAR 2011
- Date of Receipt of Final Manuscript: April 1994
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!