We are grateful to two anonymous referees whose comments improved the exposition and helped us spot an error in the first draft. Participants in the NATSEM International Conference on Microsimulation, Canberra, December 2003, made valuable comments. Geraldine Barker and Monica Hernandez provided valuable assistance. The Economic and Social Research Council provided financial support for this research, under project grant R000239105. Material from the Family Resources Survey, made available by the Department for Work and Pensions via the UK Data Archive, has been used with permission. All responsibility for the analysis and interpretation of the data presented here lies with the authors.
Simulating the Reform of Means-tested Benefits with Endogenous Take-up and Claim Costs*
Article first published online: 9 MAR 2006
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Volume 68, Issue 2, pages 135–166, April 2006
How to Cite
Pudney, S., Hancock, R. and Sutherland, H. (2006), Simulating the Reform of Means-tested Benefits with Endogenous Take-up and Claim Costs. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 68: 135–166. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0084.2006.00156.x
- Issue published online: 9 MAR 2006
- Article first published online: 9 MAR 2006
- Final Manuscript Received: October 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!