I am grateful to seminar participants at IUPUI, Adriaan Kalwij, and an anonymous referee for helpful comments. The usual disclaimer applies. I thank David Drukker for kindly sharing the National Longitudinal Survey of Older Women data. I am grateful for support from NICHD Grant Number 1 R01 HD04645633-01. A generous grant from Atlantic Philanthropies to the Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University financed the collection of philanthropy data in the PSID that motivated this research.
Practical Considerations for Choosing Between Tobit and SCLS or CLAD Estimators for Censored Regression Models with an Application to Charitable Giving*
Article first published online: 20 JUL 2008
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Department of Economics, University of Oxford, 2008
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Volume 70, Issue 4, pages 559–582, August 2008
How to Cite
Wilhelm, M. O. (2008), Practical Considerations for Choosing Between Tobit and SCLS or CLAD Estimators for Censored Regression Models with an Application to Charitable Giving. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 70: 559–582. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0084.2008.00506.x
- Issue published online: 20 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 20 JUL 2008
- Final Manuscript Received: February 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!