Financial support from the Department for Trade and Industry and the Leverhulme Trust (Programme Grant F114-BF) is gratefully acknowledged. Alexander Hijzen also acknowledges financial support from the Economic and Social Research Council under PTA-026-27-0733. The authors thank two anonymous referees for suggestions which have greatly improved the article. They also thank the staff of the Virtual Microdata Lab at the Office for National Statistics (ONS) for their help in accessing the data. The usual disclaimer applies. This work contains statistical data from ONS which is Crown copyright and reproduced with the permission of the controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office (HMSO) and Queen's Printer for Scotland. The use of the ONS statistical data in this work does not imply the endorsement of the ONS in relation to the interpretation or analysis of the statistical data. This work uses research datasets which may not exactly reproduce National Statistics aggregates. Copyright of the statistical results may not be assigned, and publishers of this data must have or obtain a licence from HMSO. The ONS data in these results are covered by the terms of the standard HMSO ‘click-use’ licence. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development or its member states.
Job Creation, Job Destruction and the Role of Small Firms: Firm-Level Evidence for the UK*
Version of Record online: 14 JUN 2010
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Department of Economics, University of Oxford, 2010
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Volume 72, Issue 5, pages 621–647, October 2010
How to Cite
Hijzen, A., Upward, R. and Wright, . P. W. (2010), Job Creation, Job Destruction and the Role of Small Firms: Firm-Level Evidence for the UK. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 72: 621–647. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0084.2010.00584.x
- Issue online: 24 AUG 2010
- Version of Record online: 14 JUN 2010
- Final Manuscript Received: December 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!