The authors thank two anonymous referees and the editor for helpful comments. We are grateful to Stefan Bender, Christina Wübbecke and the Employment Agency Mannheim for considerable help with the data, Xuan Zhang for sharing the program code and Eva Müller for research assistance. We thank Dragana Djurdjevic, Jenny Hunt, Stephan Klasen, Bruce Meyer, Kostas Tatsiramos, Klaus Wälde, two anonymous reviewers and the participants of numerous workshops and seminars for helpful comments or discussions on the paper. The authors gratefully acknowledge financial support by the German Research Foundation (DFG) through the research projects Microeconometric modelling of unemployment duration under consideration of the macroeconomic situation and Statistical modelling of errors in administrative labor market data which were carried out at the ZEW Mannheim. This work uses the IAB employment subsample 1975–2001 with anonymous and original variables. The delivery and use of the data are in compliance with §75 SGB X. The IAB does not take any responsibility for the use of its data.
New Insights into Unemployment Duration and Post Unemployment Earnings in Germany*
Article first published online: 17 NOV 2010
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Department of Economics, University of Oxford, 2010
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Volume 72, Issue 6, pages 794–826, December 2010
How to Cite
Fitzenberger, B. and Wilke, R. A. (2010), New Insights into Unemployment Duration and Post Unemployment Earnings in Germany. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 72: 794–826. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0084.2010.00597.x
- Issue published online: 17 NOV 2010
- Article first published online: 17 NOV 2010
- Final Manuscript Received: January 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!