A preliminary version of the article was presented at the Conference on Common Feature in Maastricht, at Ente ‘Luigi Einaudi’ in Rome, at ESEM2004 in Madrid and at the Econometric Seminar in Rotterdam. The authors thank conference and seminar participants, and in particular Anindya Banerjee, Christian Gengenbach, Stephane Gregoir, Christoph Hanck, Richard Paap, Franco Peracchi, Fabio Busetti and two anonymous referees for helpful comments and suggestions. The second author would also like to thank the Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organizations for its hospitality during a visit at the Department of Quantitative Economics at the University of Maastricht, where a part of this article was written.Thanks are also due to the Jan Wallander and Tom Hedelius Foundation for financial support under research grant number W2006-0068:1. The usual disclaimer applies.
Least Squares Asymptotics in Spurious and Cointegrated Panel Regressions with Common and Idiosyncratic Stochastic Trends*
Article first published online: 17 AUG 2010
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Department of Economics, University of Oxford, 2010
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Volume 73, Issue 1, pages 119–139, February 2011
How to Cite
Urbain, J.-P. and Westerlund, J. (2011), Least Squares Asymptotics in Spurious and Cointegrated Panel Regressions with Common and Idiosyncratic Stochastic Trends. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 73: 119–139. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0084.2010.00605.x
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 17 AUG 2010
- Final Manuscript Received: April 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!