This paper is a complete revision of one previously circulated under the title ‘How Important Is Land as a Production Factor for Japanese Manufacturing Industries?’ An earlier version of this paper was presented at the informal seminar in honour of Professor Saito held at Kobe University. The author is grateful to the participants at the seminar and two anonymous referees for their helpful comments and suggestions. This research was partially supported by a Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (19330044) from the Ministry of Education and the Japan Economic Research Foundation. All remaining errors are, of course, my own.
Why Are Concavity Conditions Not Satisfied in the Cost Function? The Case of Japanese Manufacturing Firms during the Bubble Period*
Article first published online: 16 FEB 2011
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Department of Economics, University of Oxford, 2011
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Volume 73, Issue 4, pages 556–580, August 2011
How to Cite
Ogawa, K. (2011), Why Are Concavity Conditions Not Satisfied in the Cost Function? The Case of Japanese Manufacturing Firms during the Bubble Period. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 73: 556–580. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0084.2010.00623.x
- Issue published online: 20 JUN 2011
- Article first published online: 16 FEB 2011
- Final Manuscript Received: October 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!