This is one of the conclusions of non-parametric studies by Kumar and Russell (2002), Henderson and Russell (2005), Jerzmanowski (2007) and Badunenko, Henderson and Zelenyuk (2008). In Caselli and Coleman (2006) as well as Badunenko, Henderson and Russell (2009), the US is found to fall behind the frontier, albeit very slightly.
The World Technology Frontier: What Can We Learn from the US States?*
Article first published online: 2 JAN 2012
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Department of Economics, University of Oxford, 2012
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Volume 74, Issue 6, pages 777–807, December 2012
How to Cite
Growiec, J. (2012), The World Technology Frontier: What Can We Learn from the US States?. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 74: 777–807. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0084.2011.00686.x
- Issue published online: 26 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 2 JAN 2012
- Final Manuscript Received: October 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!