We thank for their excellent comments Todd Sorensen, Måns Söderbom, two anonymous refereess, and the participants to seminars at the University of Gothenburg and UC Riverside. A more detailed version of this paper is available as CEPR working paper DP7407. We are very grateful to Prem Sangraula and the Central Bureau of Statistics of the Nepal whose assistance with the data was essential for the success of this endeavor. Financial support for this research was provided by the World Bank.
Determinants of the Choice of Migration Destination*
Article first published online: 30 MAY 2012
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Department of Economics, University of Oxford, 2012
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Volume 75, Issue 3, pages 388–409, June 2013
How to Cite
Fafchamps, M. and Shilpi, F. (2013), Determinants of the Choice of Migration Destination. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 75: 388–409. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0084.2012.00706.x
- Issue published online: 12 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 30 MAY 2012
- Final Manuscript Received: July 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!