We are grateful to Anindya Banerjee, Marco Barassi, Steven Block, Stephen Bond, Marcel Fafchamps, Michael Klein, Rocco Macchiavello, John Muellbauer, Hashem Pesaran, James Reade, Ron Smith, Måns Söderbom, Jon Temple, Joakim Westerlund and two anonymous referees for helpful comments and suggestions. We also thank seminar/session participants at workshops in Oxford, the CSAE Conference, the International Panel Data Conference, the World SEA Congress, Gothenburg, the NEUDC, Brown, Birmingham and the NAPW for their input. All remaining errors are our own. We are indebted to Peter Pedroni and Takashi Yamagata for making their computer code freely available on the Internet. A technical appendix to the paper as well as the data and Stata routines can be found at http://sites.google.com/site/medevecon. The first author gratefully acknowledges financial support from the UK Economic and Social Research Council (grant numbers PTA-031-2004-00345, PTA-026-27-2048), the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the James Baker III Institute for Public Policy at Rice University.
No Mangoes in the Tundra: Spatial Heterogeneity in Agricultural Productivity Analysis†
Article first published online: 7 SEP 2012
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Department of Economics, University of Oxford, 2012
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
How to Cite
Eberhardt, M. and Teal, F. (2012), No Mangoes in the Tundra: Spatial Heterogeneity in Agricultural Productivity Analysis. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0084.2012.00720.x
- Article first published online: 7 SEP 2012
- Final Manuscript Received: July 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!