The authors thank Neli Demireva for very insightful comments and suggestions, Markus Eberhardt for invaluable technical assistance, and three anonymous referees for their helpful suggestions. Edoardo Gallo would like to thank the George Webb Medley Endowment Fund and Nuffield College for financial support. Thomas Grund would like to thank the Department of Sociology at Oxford and Nuffield College for financial support. All remaining errors are our own.
Punishing the Foreigner: Implicit Discrimination in the Premier League Based on Oppositional Identity*
Article first published online: 17 SEP 2012
© Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Department of Economics, University of Oxford 2012
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics
Special Issue: Large Data Sets
Volume 75, Issue 1, pages 136–156, February 2013
How to Cite
Gallo, E., Grund, T. and James Reade, J. (2013), Punishing the Foreigner: Implicit Discrimination in the Premier League Based on Oppositional Identity. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 75: 136–156. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0084.2012.00725.x
- Issue published online: 21 DEC 2012
- Article first published online: 17 SEP 2012
- Final Manuscript Received: July 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!