Research for this article was supported by the Alfred Bader Fellowship for Doctoral Research in Europe and the Graduate Dean's Doctoral Field Travel Grant at Queen's University, Kingston, Canada. My thanks to the scholars and staff of the British School at Rome for facilitating my research in Rome, to Dr Paolo Vian at the Biblioteca Apostolica Vaticana for granting me permission to view the silver cover of the Berta Evangeliary, and to the staff at the Biblioteca Vallicelliana for allowing me to consult the SS. Ciriaco e Nicola Martyrology. I am grateful to Dr John Osborne, Dr Cathleen Hoeniger, Dr Gillian Mackie, Dr Malcolm Thurlby, Dr Elisabetta Caldelli, Dr Giorgia Pollio, Dr Stefano Riccioni, Dr Jo Story and to the anonymous readers of Early Medieval Europe for their advice and comments on various drafts of this article.
Rogatrix atque donatrix: the silver cover of the Berta Evangeliary (Vatican, S. Maria in Via Lata, MS. I 45) and the patronage of art by women in early medieval Rome
Article first published online: 22 APR 2012
© 2012 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Early Medieval Europe
Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 111–138, May 2012
How to Cite
MARCHIORI, M. L. (2012), Rogatrix atque donatrix: the silver cover of the Berta Evangeliary (Vatican, S. Maria in Via Lata, MS. I 45) and the patronage of art by women in early medieval Rome. Early Medieval Europe, 20: 111–138. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0254.2012.00338.x
- Issue published online: 22 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 22 APR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!