We thank Colin Camerer and seminar participants at Arizona, Berkeley, Birmingham, Caltech, Edinburgh, ESSET 2001 (Gerzensee), ESA Meeting 2002 (Strasbourg), Essex, Harvard, LSE, Nottingham, Nuffield, UCL, Zurich, Pompeu Fabra, and especially Dirk Engelmann, three anonymous referees, and Glenn Ellison for helpful comments, as well as Davis Beekman, Kitt Carpenter, David Huffman, and extra especially Jeff Holman for valuable research assistance. We are grateful to Chris Avery, John Forsythe, Serena Guarnaschelli, John Kagel, Mark Isaac, Dan Levin, Richard McKelvey, and Tom Palfrey for sharing their data. Eyster thanks the Olin and MacArthur Foundations, and Rabin thanks the Russell Sage, MacArthur, and National Science Foundations for financial support.
Article first published online: 5 AUG 2005
Volume 73, Issue 5, pages 1623–1672, September 2005
How to Cite
Eyster, E. and Rabin, M. (2005), Cursed Equilibrium. Econometrica, 73: 1623–1672. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0262.2005.00631.x
- Issue published online: 5 AUG 2005
- Article first published online: 5 AUG 2005
- Manuscript received November, 2000; final revision received February, 2005.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!