We are grateful to Alberto Abadie, Joseph Altonji, Don Andrews, Joshua Angrist, David Card, Esther Duflo, Austan Goolsbee, Jinyong Hahn, Caroline Hoxby, Rosa Matzkin, Costas Meghir, Jim Poterba, Scott Stern, Petra Todd, Edward Vytlacil, seminar audiences at the University of Arizona, UC Berkeley, the University of Chicago, University of Miami, Monash University, Harvard/MIT, Northwestern University, UCLA, USC, Yale University, Stanford University, the San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank, the Texas Econometrics conference, SITE, NBER, and AEA 2003 winter meetings, the 2003 Joint Statistical Meetings, and, especially, Jack Porter for helpful discussions. We are indebted to Bruce Meyer, who generously provided us with his data. Four anonymous referees and a co-editor provided insightful comments. Richard Crump, Derek Gurney, Lu Han, Khartik Kalyanaram, Peyron Law, Matthew Osborne, Leonardo Rezende, and Paul Riskind provided skillful research assistance. Financial support for this research was generously provided through NSF grants SES-9983820 and SES-0351500 (Athey), SBR-9818644, and SES 0136789 (Imbens).
Identification and Inference in Nonlinear Difference-in-Differences Models
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2006
Volume 74, Issue 2, pages 431–497, March 2006
How to Cite
Athey, S. and Imbens, G. W. (2006), Identification and Inference in Nonlinear Difference-in-Differences Models. Econometrica, 74: 431–497. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0262.2006.00668.x
- Issue published online: 21 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 21 FEB 2006
- Manuscript received May, 2002; final revision received April, 2005.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!