This article has been prepared with the assistance of a grant from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada. I am indebted to the comments offered by participants at the 1990 meetings of the Agricultural History Society, the Economic History Workshops at the Universities of Michigan, Illinois, and Indiana, the agrarian seminar at the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, and the helpful criticisms of Robert Fogel, Gilles Postel-Vinay, Jean-Michel Chevet, Philip Hoffman, Jean-Laurent Rosenthal, E. A. Wrigley, and the referees for this journal. Errors of fact and interpretation are mine.
Divisions of labour: agricultural productivity and occupational specialization in pre-industrial France1
Version of Record online: 11 FEB 2008
The Economic History Review
Volume 46, Issue 3, pages 478–502, August 1993
How to Cite
GRANTHAM, G. W. (1993), Divisions of labour: agricultural productivity and occupational specialization in pre-industrial France. The Economic History Review, 46: 478–502. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0289.1993.tb01345.x
- Issue online: 11 FEB 2008
- Version of Record online: 11 FEB 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!