The British ‘failure’ that never was? The Anglo-American ‘productivity gap’ in large-scale interwar retailing—evidence from the department store sector1
Article first published online: 13 APR 2011
© Economic History Society 2011
The Economic History Review
Volume 65, Issue 1, pages 277–303, February 2012
How to Cite
SCOTT, P. and WALKER, J. (2012), The British ‘failure’ that never was? The Anglo-American ‘productivity gap’ in large-scale interwar retailing—evidence from the department store sector. The Economic History Review, 65: 277–303. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0289.2010.00583.x
- Issue published online: 6 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 13 APR 2011
- Date submitted 28 May 2009; Revised version submitted 5 January 2010; Accepted 14 September 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!