We gratefully acknowledge the helpful comments received from three referees that encouraged us to tighten and improve our arguments. We also thank Nicola Verdon, with whom the Eden and Davies budgets were collected and transcribed; Jane Humphries, with whom the household budgets dataset that provides many of the other accounts used here was compiled; and the Leverhulme Trust for their funding of that initial project.
Nutrition in the English agricultural labourer's household over the course of the long nineteenth century
Article first published online: 7 DEC 2012
© Economic History Society 2012
The Economic History Review
Volume 66, Issue 3, pages 757–784, August 2013
How to Cite
Gazeley, I. and Horrell, S. (2013), Nutrition in the English agricultural labourer's household over the course of the long nineteenth century. The Economic History Review, 66: 757–784. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0289.2012.00672.x
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2013
- Article first published online: 7 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 JUN 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 3 MAY 2012
- Manuscript Received: 15 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!