We would like to thank the editors and three anonymous referees for valuable suggestions. We are also grateful to Leigh Gardner, Janet Hunter, Debin Ma, Tetsuji Okazaki, Yasuyuki Sawada, Minoru Sawai, Tetsushi Sonobe, Oliver Volckart, Xun Yan, and participants of seminars at the London School of Economics and Political Science and University of Tokyo (Zushi Conference) for helpful comments and suggestions. Tomoko Hashino also thanks Maarten Prak for valuable discussion and Takazō Gotō and Kozō Kameda for helping her repeat a field survey in Kiryū. The financial support of Rokkōdai Kōenkai, Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A) 22243022, and (A) 23243055 is gratefully acknowledged.
Hand looms, power looms, and changing production organizations: the case of the Kiryū weaving district in early twentieth-century Japan†
Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2013
© Economic History Society 2013
The Economic History Review
Volume 66, Issue 3, pages 785–804, August 2013
How to Cite
Hashino, T. and Otsuka, K. (2013), Hand looms, power looms, and changing production organizations: the case of the Kiryū weaving district in early twentieth-century Japan. The Economic History Review, 66: 785–804. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0289.2012.00680.x
- Issue online: 1 JUL 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 3 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!