This is a version of a chapter of my Ph.D. dissertation at University College, London. I am extremely grateful to my Ph.D. supervisors Steve Machin and John Van Reenen for a number of useful comments and suggestions. David Ulph, Alan Manning and two anonymous referees also provided comments that greatly improved the paper. I would also like to thank participants in UCL and LSE seminars and in the 1995 R.E.S. and E.A.R.I.E. conferences. Remaining errors are mine. Scholarship from CNPq (Brazilian Government) is also gratefully acknowledged.
UNIONS AND PROFITABILITY OVER THE 1980s: SOME EVIDENCE ON UNION-FIRM BARGAINING IN THE UNITED KINGDOM*
Article first published online: 30 JAN 2012
Royal Economic Society 1997
The Economic Journal
Volume 107, Issue 442, pages 651–670, May 1997
How to Cite
Menezes-Filho, N. A. (1997), UNIONS AND PROFITABILITY OVER THE 1980s: SOME EVIDENCE ON UNION-FIRM BARGAINING IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. The Economic Journal, 107: 651–670. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.1997.tb00032.x
- Issue published online: 30 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 30 JAN 2012
- Date of receipt of final typescript: July 1996
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!