For helpful advice, and for allowing me to draw upon joint research, I am grateful to Kamal Birdi, Danny Blanchflower, Andrew Clark, Rafael Di Tella, Robert MacCulloch, and Peter Warr. For research assistance, I thank Ed Butchart, Antonia Sachtleben and Francesca Silverton. For valuable discussions, I thank Michael Argyle, Nick Crafts, Mark Harrison, Daniel Kahneman, Mozaffar Qizilbash, Richard Layard, and Robert Skidelsky. Helpful comments were also received during presentations at Durham University and the London School of Economics. This work was financed by the Economic and Social Research Council (UK) and the Leverhulme Trust.
HAPPINESS AND ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE*
Version of Record online: 27 JAN 2012
Royal Economic Society 1997
The Economic Journal
Volume 107, Issue 445, pages 1815–1831, November 1997
How to Cite
Oswald, A. J. (1997), HAPPINESS AND ECONOMIC PERFORMANCE. The Economic Journal, 107: 1815–1831. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.1997.tb00085.x
- Issue online: 27 JAN 2012
- Version of Record online: 27 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!