I am indebted to Louis Makowski for his invaluable advice. Comments by John Boyce, Humberto Llavador, three anonymous referees and a very patient editor significantly improved the paper. I would also like to thank Giacomo Bonanno, B. Curtis Eaton, Sami Kitmitto, and Allison Oxoby for helpful comments. Financial support from the Russell Sage Foundation is gratefully acknowledged.
Cognitive dissonance, status and growth of the underclass*
Article first published online: 28 SEP 2004
The Economic Journal
Volume 114, Issue 498, pages 727–749, October 2004
How to Cite
Oxoby, R. J. (2004), Cognitive dissonance, status and growth of the underclass. The Economic Journal, 114: 727–749. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2004.00241.x
- Issue published online: 28 SEP 2004
- Article first published online: 28 SEP 2004
- Date of receipt of first submission: March 2001 Date of receipt of final typescript: November 2003
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!