Appendixes 2 and 3 are available on the Journal's website http://www.res.org.uk. We thank John Vickers for helpful discussions at an early stage of the research. We are grateful to two anonymous referees and the Editor, David de Meza, for very constructive comments on earlier drafts of this paper, and to Marco Schonborn and Josep Pigoan for research assistance.
On the welfare effects and political economy of competition-enhancing policies*
Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2004
The Economic Journal
Volume 114, Issue 498, pages 800–824, October 2004
How to Cite
Aghion, P. and Schankerman, M. (2004), On the welfare effects and political economy of competition-enhancing policies. The Economic Journal, 114: 800–824. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2004.00244.x
- Issue online: 28 SEP 2004
- Version of Record online: 28 SEP 2004
- Date of receipt of first submission: April 2002 Date of receipt of final typescript: November 2003
Vol. 120, Issue 542, F181, Version of Record online: 20 JAN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!