We thank Win-Lin Chou, Guy Meredith, Martin Feldstein, Randall Morck, Andrew Sheng, Andrei Shleifer, Kafu Wong and seminar participants at an NBER meeting in China, Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research, University of Hong Kong, and the Institute for International Economic Studies in Tokyo for helpful discussion, and Hayden Smith and Yi Wu for superb research assistance. The views in the paper are the authors’ own and may not be shared by any organisation that the authors are or have been associated with. All errors are the authors’ responsibilities. The data used in the paper will be made available in the year after its publication.
Does Insider Trading Raise Market Volatility?*
Article first published online: 28 SEP 2004
The Economic Journal
Volume 114, Issue 498, pages 916–942, October 2004
How to Cite
Du, J. and Wei, S.-J. (2004), Does Insider Trading Raise Market Volatility?. The Economic Journal, 114: 916–942. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2004.00249.x
- Issue published online: 28 SEP 2004
- Article first published online: 28 SEP 2004
- Date of receipt of first submission: March 2002 Date of receipt of final typescript: March 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!