Earlier versions of this paper may be found in Baarsma (2000) and Van Praag and Baarsma (2001). We are grateful to J. G. de Wit and the staff of the Directorate General of Civil Aviation of the Dutch Ministry of Transport for giving us valuable comments. We thank J. Peter Hop for his assiduous support in analysing the data. This version of the paper has greatly benefited from the constructive but critical comments by David de Meza.
Using Happiness Surveys to Value Intangibles: The Case of Airport Noise*
Article first published online: 22 DEC 2004
The Economic Journal
Volume 115, Issue 500, pages 224–246, January 2005
How to Cite
Van Praag, B. M. S. and Baarsma, B. E. (2005), Using Happiness Surveys to Value Intangibles: The Case of Airport Noise. The Economic Journal, 115: 224–246. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2004.00967.x
- Issue published online: 22 DEC 2004
- Article first published online: 22 DEC 2004
- Date of receipt of first submission: January 2002 Date of receipt of final typescript: March 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!