We acknowledge funding from the Leverhulme Trust for this research, part of a larger project (F215/AX) awarded to the University of Warwick; Catherine Waddams acknowledges support from the University of California Energy Institute. We thank Wiji Arulampalam, Morten Hviid, Jeremy Smith, Mark Stewart, John van Reenen, two anonymous referees and the editor for very useful suggestions, and participants at the Fundacion Empresa Publica, Madrid, the CEPR/ESRC Industrial Organisation Workshop in 2000, the Network of Industrial Economists conference at Royal Holloway and the European Association for Research in Industrial Economics 2001 meeting, the European Economic Association meeting 2002, and seminars at CPB den Haag and the Universities of Cambridge, California (Berkeley and Davis), East Anglia, Edinburgh, Sheffield and Warwick for helpful comments on earlier drafts of this paper. We are especially grateful to Michael Parmar for his major part in the administration of the questionnaire on which this research is based. The authors themselves are responsible for any remaining errors. An earlier version was circulated under the title: ‘Redundant Regulation? Competition and Consumer Choice in Residential Energy Markets’. Monica Giuletti acknowledges the constant support and encouragement of her late father Giuseppe.
Consumer Choice and Competition Policy: a Study of UK Energy Markets*
Version of Record online: 31 OCT 2005
The Economic Journal
Volume 115, Issue 506, pages 949–968, October 2005
How to Cite
Giulietti, M., Price, C. W. and Waterson, M. (2005), Consumer Choice and Competition Policy: a Study of UK Energy Markets. The Economic Journal, 115: 949–968. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2005.01026.x
- Issue online: 31 OCT 2005
- Version of Record online: 31 OCT 2005
- Submitted: 6 November 2001 Accepted: 18 November 2004
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!