This article was written while I was Killam Visiting Scholar, Institute for Advanced Policy Research, University of Calgary. I am especially grateful for the continued research collaboration of Haifang Huang, for hospitality and support from the University of Calgary and the Killam Foundation, for research support from the SSHRCC, and for data from the Statistics Canada RDC at UBC. In revising the article, I am also grateful for helpful advice and suggestions from Curtis Eaton, Michael Jacobs, Daniel Kahneman, Jason Riis and an anonymous referee.
Well-Being, Social Capital and Public Policy: What's New?*
Article first published online: 28 FEB 2006
The Economic Journal
Volume 116, Issue 510, pages C34–C45, March 2006
How to Cite
Helliwell, J. F. (2006), Well-Being, Social Capital and Public Policy: What's New?. The Economic Journal, 116: C34–C45. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2006.01074.x
- Issue published online: 28 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 28 FEB 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!