Funding from the Brazilian Ministry of Science and Technology (CNPq) and from the William and Flora Hewlett Population Fellowship is gratefully acknowledged. I have benefitted from comments by Shelley Clark, V. Joseph Hotz, Vida Maralani, Robert T. Michael, Christopher McKelvey, Elizabeth Peters, Vijayendra Rao, Luis Rubalcava, John Strauss, Duncan Thomas, two anonymous referees and participants of the Applied Microeconomics Proseminar at UCLA, of the Demography Workshop at the University of Chicago, of the PAA Meeting (2003), of the NEUDC Conference (2003) and of the BREAD Conference (April 2004), in particular Abhijit Banerjee and Michael Kremer. All remaining errors are mine. In loving memory of Lucas A. Rangel.
Alimony Rights and Intrahousehold Allocation of Resources: Evidence from Brazil
Article first published online: 11 JUL 2006
The Economic Journal
Volume 116, Issue 513, pages 627–658, July 2006
How to Cite
Rangel, M. A. (2006), Alimony Rights and Intrahousehold Allocation of Resources: Evidence from Brazil. The Economic Journal, 116: 627–658. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2006.01104.x
- Issue published online: 11 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 11 JUL 2006
- Submitted: 23 November 2004 Accepted: 21 October 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!