We are grateful to Rich Kelly for data and guidance on Fund programmes and to Marco Arena, Roger Betancourt, Graham Bird, Michael Bordo, Jim Boughton, Fernando Broner, Patrick Conway, Barry Eichengreen, Kristin Forbes, Federico Guerrero, Enrique Mendoza, Alessandro Rebucci, Carmen Reinhart, John Shea, Antonio Spilimbergo, Jeromin Zettlemeyer, seminar participants at the University of Maryland and three anonymous referees for helpful comments and suggestions. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and should not be attributed to the International Monetary Fund.
Catalysing Private Capital Flows: Do IMF Programmes Work as Commitment Devices?*
Version of Record online: 11 JUL 2006
The Economic Journal
Volume 116, Issue 513, pages 843–867, July 2006
How to Cite
Mody, A. and Saravia, D. (2006), Catalysing Private Capital Flows: Do IMF Programmes Work as Commitment Devices?. The Economic Journal, 116: 843–867. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2006.01114.x
- Issue online: 11 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 11 JUL 2006
- Submitted: 14 October 2003 Accepted: 6 April 2005
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!