The author thanks Giuseppe Bertola, Daniel Hamermesh, Barry Hirsch, Christine Jolls, Adriana Kugler, Stephen Machin, Øivind Anti Nilsen, two anonymous referees and participants at the IZA Conference on Employment Protection and Labour Markets, Bonn, Germany, December 2–3, 2005, the Society of Labor Economists Meetings, Cambridge, Mass., May 5–6, 2006, and the American Economic Association Meetings, Chicago, Illinois, January 5–7, 2007 for helpful comments and suggestions. Portions of this article were written while the author was a Visiting Fellow in the Economics Department of Princeton University, supported by the Industrial Relations Section. He is very grateful for this support.
The Impact of Employment Protection Mandates on Demographic Temporary Employment Patterns: International Microeconomic Evidence*
Version of Record online: 22 JUN 2007
The Economic Journal
Volume 117, Issue 521, pages F333–F356, June 2007
How to Cite
Kahn, L. M. (2007), The Impact of Employment Protection Mandates on Demographic Temporary Employment Patterns: International Microeconomic Evidence. The Economic Journal, 117: F333–F356. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2007.02059.x
A notable example is Spain, which in the 1980s and 1990s had extremely high unemployment rates and liberalised the use of temporary contracts in an attempt to generate jobs. See Dolado et al. (2002).
- Issue online: 22 JUN 2007
- Version of Record online: 22 JUN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!