We are grateful to Alois Stutzer for extremely helpful ideas on this topic. For valuable discussions, we thank also Andrew Clark, Amanda Goodall, Mark Harrison, Tatiana Kornienko, Avner Offer, Sarah Shalgosky, Alois Stutzer, and Robert Wade. The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) provided research support through an ESRC professorial fellowship to the first author.
Book Review Feature: Two Reviews of The Challenge of Affulence: Self-Control and Well-Being in the United States and Britain Since 1950*
Article first published online: 22 JUN 2007
The Economic Journal
Volume 117, Issue 521, pages F441–F454, June 2007
How to Cite
Oswald, A. J. and Powdthavee, N. (2007), Book Review Feature: Two Reviews of The Challenge of Affulence: Self-Control and Well-Being in the United States and Britain Since 1950. The Economic Journal, 117: F441–F454. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2007.02077_1.x
By contrast, most articles published in this Journal are perhaps best viewed as unimportant (the majority will not be quoted a dozen times in their lifetimes) but correct (they have been refereed and will not be contradicted in any clear way by what goes later). This is normal science.
- Issue published online: 22 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 22 JUN 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!