This article builds on the work of Facundo Alvaredo, Tony Atkinson, Fabien Dell, Chiaki Moriguchi, Brian Nolan, Thomas Piketty, Jesper Roine, Emmanuel Saez, Wiemer Salverda, Michael Veall, and Daniel Waldenström, who have painstakingly used taxation statistics and other historical data to estimate top income shares for the countries analysed herein. In addition, I am grateful to Tony Atkinson, Ian Irvine, Thomas Piketty, Emmanuel Saez and Daniel Waldenström for valuable comments on earlier drafts. Elena Varganova provided outstanding research assistance. The dataset of top income shares may be downloaded from http://econrsss.anu.edu.au/~aleigh/.
How Closely Do Top Income Shares Track Other Measures of Inequality?*
Article first published online: 23 NOV 2007
The Economic Journal
Volume 117, Issue 524, pages F619–F633, November 2007
How to Cite
Leigh, A. (2007), How Closely Do Top Income Shares Track Other Measures of Inequality?. The Economic Journal, 117: F619–F633. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2007.02099.x
- Issue published online: 23 NOV 2007
- Article first published online: 23 NOV 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!