This article represents the views of the authors and should not be thought to represent those of the Bank of England or Monetary Policy Committee members. We are grateful to Jagjit Chadha, John Eatwell, Andrew Glyn, Andy Haldane, Roman Inderst, Nigel Jenkinson, Karsten Jeske, Nobu Kiyotaki, Arvind Krishnamurthy, Bill Nelson, Tanju Yorulmazer, two anonymous referees, and seminar participants at the Bank of England, the London School of Economics, the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta conference on ‘Modern Financial Institutions, Financial Markets, and Systemic Risk’, the CERF conference on ‘The Changing Nature of the Financial System and Systemic Risk’, the 2006 European and North American Summer Meetings of the Econometric Society, the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco conference on ‘Financial Innovations and the Real Economy’, the 2007 RES conference, and the FMG conference on ‘Cycles, Contagion and Crises’ for helpful comments and suggestions. Ander Perez gratefully acknowledges financial support from the Fundacion Rafael del Pino.
Financial Innovation, Macroeconomic Stability and Systemic Crises*
Article first published online: 20 FEB 2008
© Bank of England
The Economic Journal
Volume 118, Issue 527, pages 401–426, March 2008
How to Cite
Gai, P., Kapadia, S., Millard, S. and Perez, A. (2008), Financial Innovation, Macroeconomic Stability and Systemic Crises. The Economic Journal, 118: 401–426. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2007.02127.x
- Issue published online: 20 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 20 FEB 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!