We thank Tim Besley, Craig Brett, Stephen Coate, Richard Cornes, Jim Davies, Jim Hines, Carlo Perroni, Al Slivinski and Ron Wintrobe for comments and suggestions, as well as participants to seminars at the University of Alabama, the University of Birmingham, the Institute for Fiscal Studies, Stanford University, the University of Toronto, Warwick University and the University of Western Ontario, and three anonymous referees. Research support from the British ESRC and Canada's SSHRCC is gratefully acknowledged.
A Theory of Distributional Conflict, Voluntarism and Segregation*
Article first published online: 20 FEB 2008
© 2008 The Author(s)
The Economic Journal
Volume 118, Issue 527, pages 427–453, March 2008
How to Cite
Horstmann, I. J. and Scharf, K. A. (2008), A Theory of Distributional Conflict, Voluntarism and Segregation. The Economic Journal, 118: 427–453. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2007.02128.x
- Issue published online: 20 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 20 FEB 2008
- Submitted: 12 February 2007 Accepted: 8 October 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!