This article is based on Chapter 2 of my Ph.D. dissertation at Harvard University. I am grateful to John Campbell for his advice and suggestions. I also thank Robert Barro, Jens Hilscher, N. Gregory Mankiw, Albert Marcet, Emi Nakamura, Ricardo Reis, Kenneth Rogoff, Andrew Scott, Jeremy Stein, Jón Steinsson and seminar participants at Harvard, the London School of Economics, the London Business School, Oxford, HEC Paris, the European Central Bank, Insead, the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, Boston University and the 2007 Annual Conference of the Royal Economic Society for helpful comments and discussions.
Interest Costs and the Optimal Maturity Structure Of Government Debt*
Article first published online: 20 FEB 2008
© 2008 The Author(s)
The Economic Journal
Volume 118, Issue 527, pages 477–498, March 2008
How to Cite
Nosbusch, Y. (2008), Interest Costs and the Optimal Maturity Structure Of Government Debt. The Economic Journal, 118: 477–498. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2007.02130.x
- Issue published online: 20 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 20 FEB 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!