This article is based on Chapter 2 of my Ph.D. dissertation at Harvard University. I am grateful to John Campbell for his advice and suggestions. I also thank Robert Barro, Jens Hilscher, N. Gregory Mankiw, Albert Marcet, Emi Nakamura, Ricardo Reis, Kenneth Rogoff, Andrew Scott, Jeremy Stein, Jón Steinsson and seminar participants at Harvard, the London School of Economics, the London Business School, Oxford, HEC Paris, the European Central Bank, Insead, the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, Boston University and the 2007 Annual Conference of the Royal Economic Society for helpful comments and discussions.
Interest Costs and the Optimal Maturity Structure Of Government Debt*
Article first published online: 20 FEB 2008
© 2008 The Author(s)
The Economic Journal
Volume 118, Issue 527, pages 477–498, March 2008
How to Cite
Nosbusch, Y. (2008), Interest Costs and the Optimal Maturity Structure Of Government Debt. The Economic Journal, 118: 477–498. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2007.02130.x
- Issue published online: 20 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 20 FEB 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!