A previous version of this article was titled ‘International Migration, Human Capital, and Entrepreneurship’. I have valued feedback from Kerwin Charles, Jishnu Das, John DiNardo, Hai-Anh Dang, Quy-Toan Do, Eric Edmonds, Caroline Hoxby, Larry Katz, Michael Kremer, Sharon Maccini, Justin McCrary, David Mckenzie, Ted Miguel, Ben Olken, Caglar Ozden, Dani Rodrik and Maurice Schiff; participants in seminars at UC Berkeley, Stanford University, University of Western Ontario, Columbia University, the World Bank and the Federal Reserve Bank of New York; audience members at the Minnesota International Economic Development Conference 2004 and the WDI/CEPR Conference on Transition Economics 2004 (Hanoi, Vietnam); and two anonymous referees. HwaJung Choi provided excellent research assistance. I am grateful for the support of the University of Michigan's Rackham Junior Faculty Fellowship, and the World Bank's International Migration and Development Research Program.
International Migration, Remittances and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants’ Exchange Rate Shocks*
Version of Record online: 19 MAR 2008
© 2008 The Author(s)
The Economic Journal
Volume 118, Issue 528, pages 591–630, April 2008
How to Cite
Yang, D. (2008), International Migration, Remittances and Household Investment: Evidence from Philippine Migrants’ Exchange Rate Shocks. The Economic Journal, 118: 591–630. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2008.02134.x
- Issue online: 19 MAR 2008
- Version of Record online: 19 MAR 2008
- Submitted: February 2005 Accepted: January 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!