We are grateful to seminar participants at the 4th Conference of German Socio-Economic Panel Users (Berlin), the 3rd ISQOLS Conference (Girona), IZA (Bonn) and the 24th JMA (Fribourg) for comments and suggestions. We have had useful conversations with Dick Easterlin, François Gardes, John Haisken-DeNew, Dan Hamermesh, Bruce Headey, Hendrik Jürges, Danny Kahneman, Richard Layard, Guy Mayraz, Bernard van Praag and Alois Stutzer. We thank three anonymous referees for very pertinent comments. Agnès Puymoyen made our graphs readable. The data used in this publication were made available to us by the German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP) at the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW), Berlin. We are grateful to the CNRS for financial support.
Lags And Leads in Life Satisfaction: a Test of the Baseline Hypothesis*
Article first published online: 29 MAY 2008
© The Author(s). Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2008
The Economic Journal
Volume 118, Issue 529, pages F222–F243, June 2008
How to Cite
Clark, A. E., Diener, E., Georgellis, Y. and Lucas, R. E. (2008), Lags And Leads in Life Satisfaction: a Test of the Baseline Hypothesis. The Economic Journal, 118: F222–F243. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2008.02150.x
- Issue published online: 29 MAY 2008
- Article first published online: 29 MAY 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!