I thank two anonymous referees and, in particular, the editor, Leonardo Felli, for very helpful comments. A previous version of this article was circulated under the title ‘Consumer Lending when Lenders are More Sophisticated Than Households’. I also thank seminar participants at the Bank of England, the European University Institute and Lancaster University.
‘Irresponsible Lending’ with a Better Informed Lender*
Article first published online: 20 SEP 2008
© The Author(s). Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2008
The Economic Journal
Volume 118, Issue 532, pages 1499–1519, October 2008
How to Cite
Inderst, R. (2008), ‘Irresponsible Lending’ with a Better Informed Lender. The Economic Journal, 118: 1499–1519. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2008.02179.x
- Issue published online: 20 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 20 SEP 2008
- Submitted: 26 May 2006 Accepted: 22 February 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!