We thank Christopher Bliss, Ernesto Dal Bo, Robert MacCulloch and participants at several seminars, in particular the Gorman Workshop at Oxford, the LACEA meetings in Buenos Aires and the APET meetings in Marseilles, for helpful discussions and suggestions. An earlier version of this article was circulated under the title ‘To Catch a Thief: Wealth as a Corruption Controlling Device’.
Choosing Agents and Monitoring Consumption: A note on Wealth as a Corruption-Controlling Device*
Article first published online: 20 SEP 2008
© The Author(s). Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2008
The Economic Journal
Volume 118, Issue 532, pages 1552–1571, October 2008
How to Cite
Tella, R. D. and Weinschelbaum, F. (2008), Choosing Agents and Monitoring Consumption: A note on Wealth as a Corruption-Controlling Device. The Economic Journal, 118: 1552–1571. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2008.02180.x
- Issue published online: 20 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 20 SEP 2008
- Submitted: 24 June 2005 Accepted: 29 June 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!