We are grateful to the editor, two anonymous referees, John Kagel, Dan Levin, Stephen Morris, Shyam Sunder and participants of several conferences and seminars for helpful suggestions. The experiments were made possible by financial support from Case Western Reserve University (Cooper) and the Cowles Foundation (Fang). This article is a condensed version of our Cowles Foundation Discussion Paper No. 1557 (Cooper and Fang, 2006). We are responsible for all remaining errors.
Understanding Overbidding in Second Price Auctions: An Experimental Study*
Version of Record online: 20 SEP 2008
© The Author(s). Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2008
The Economic Journal
Volume 118, Issue 532, pages 1572–1595, October 2008
How to Cite
Cooper, D. J. and Fang, H. (2008), Understanding Overbidding in Second Price Auctions: An Experimental Study. The Economic Journal, 118: 1572–1595. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2008.02181.x
- Issue online: 20 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 20 SEP 2008
- Submitted: 8 March 2006 Accepted: 28 June 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!