I thank Hartmut Egger, Volker Grossmann, Michel Habib, Timo Boppart and seminar participants in Munich, Tübingen and Bonn – in particular, Armin Falk – for valuable suggestions and comments. An early version of the article was presented in Vienna in May 2004 as the NÖG lecture at the Austrian Economic Association's Annual Meeting and I thank the participants there for the ensuing discussion. I also thank two anonymous referees for their very helpful suggestions.
Limited Attention as a Scarce Resource in Information-Rich Economies*
Version of Record online: 20 SEP 2008
© The Author(s). Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2008
The Economic Journal
Volume 118, Issue 532, pages 1596–1620, October 2008
How to Cite
Falkinger, J. (2008), Limited Attention as a Scarce Resource in Information-Rich Economies. The Economic Journal, 118: 1596–1620. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2008.02182.x
- Issue online: 20 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 20 SEP 2008
- Submitted: 13 April 2005 Accepted: 6 July 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!