The views expressed in this article are those of the author(s) and do not represent those of the IMF or IMF policy. This article was written when Thomas Stratmann was a visiting scholar with the IMF's Fiscal Affairs Department in early 2005. Thomas Stratmann thanks the Earhart Foundation for financial support. We thank Larry Cui for the excellent research support. We thank the editor and two anonymous referees, Gerd Schwartz, Antonio Spilimbergo, Robert Flood, David Hauner and Anna Ilyina for very helpful comments and suggestions. We are also grateful for helpful suggestions by participants of the conference on ‘New Perspectives on Fiscal Sustainability’ held at Goethe Universität Frankfurt, in October 2005.
Fiscal Policy and Financial Markets*
Article first published online: 7 OCT 2008
© The Author(s). Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2008
The Economic Journal
Volume 118, Issue 533, pages 1971–1985, November 2008
How to Cite
Akitoby, B. and Stratmann, T. (2008), Fiscal Policy and Financial Markets. The Economic Journal, 118: 1971–1985. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2008.02198.x
- Issue published online: 7 OCT 2008
- Article first published online: 7 OCT 2008
- Submitted: 4 January 2006 Accepted: 26 November 2007
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!