This article was originally titled ‘Suspense’. It was first presented at the Memorial Conference for Sherwin Rosen at the University of Chicago. We thank Dragan Filipovich, Aidan Hollis, Edward Lazear, Sridhar Moorthy, Canice Prendergast, Sherwin Rosen, Allen Sanderson, Wing Suen and seminar audience at Alberta, Calgary, Chicago GSB, El Collegio De Mexico, Queens, Southampton, Tilburg and Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin fuer Sozialforschung for helpful comments.
Suspense: Dynamic Incentives in Sports Contests*
Article first published online: 9 DEC 2008
© The Author(s). Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2009
The Economic Journal
Volume 119, Issue 534, pages 24–46, January 2009
How to Cite
Chan, W., Courty, P. and Hao, L. (2009), Suspense: Dynamic Incentives in Sports Contests. The Economic Journal, 119: 24–46. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2008.02204.x
- Issue published online: 9 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 9 DEC 2008
- Submitted: 6 November 2006 Accepted: 14 March 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!