We are grateful for feedback from conference participants at the 2003 North American Economic Science Association meetings in Tucson, the 2005 World Economic Science Association meetings in Montreal and to seminar participants at the University of Auckland in October 2004, the University of Canterbury in August 2005 and Economic Design Network workshop participants at the University of Melbourne in August 2007. We also thank Bob Reed, Andrea Kutinova and three anonymous referees for their help, and acknowledge the financial support of the University of Canterbury through contestable research grant U6487.
Overconfidence in Forecasts of Own Performance: An Experimental Study*
Article first published online: 9 DEC 2008
© The Author(s). Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2009
The Economic Journal
Volume 119, Issue 534, pages 229–251, January 2009
How to Cite
Clark, J. and Friesen, L. (2009), Overconfidence in Forecasts of Own Performance: An Experimental Study. The Economic Journal, 119: 229–251. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2008.02211.x
- Issue published online: 9 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 9 DEC 2008
- Submitted: 15 November 2005 Accepted: 22 February 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!