We thank two anonymous referees and an editor of this Journal. We also thank Jay Allen, Jeremy Clark, Brian Copeland, Herb Emery, John Helliwell, Ken McKenzie, Rob Oxoby, Scott Taylor, Duane Rockerbie, and the students and faculty who participated in the workshop on Well-Being at the University of Calgary in the winter term of 2005. We also thank participants of the DIET Workshop at the University of British Columbia and of the Bank of Montreal Lecture Series on Economics and Evolution at Simon Fraser University. We thank SSHRC for funding that made this work possible.
Well-being and Affluence in the Presence of a Veblen Good*
Version of Record online: 11 JUN 2009
© The Author(s). Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2009
The Economic Journal
Volume 119, Issue 539, pages 1088–1104, July 2009
How to Cite
Eaton, B. C. and Eswaran, M. (2009), Well-being and Affluence in the Presence of a Veblen Good. The Economic Journal, 119: 1088–1104. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2009.02255.x
- Issue online: 11 JUN 2009
- Version of Record online: 11 JUN 2009
- Submitted: 28 February 2006 Accepted: 29 May 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!