We thank an anonymous referee, Leonardo Felli (the editor), Abhijit Banerjee, Mike Burkart, Yrjö Koskinen, Christian Laux, Michael Raith, Avri Ravid, Åsa Rosén, Sarbajit Sengupta, Lucy White and seminar participants at the Western Finance Association, the Society for Economics Dynamics, the CEPR European Summer Symposium in Financial Markets, Harvard Business School Conference on Entrepreneurship and Innovation, the CEPR Conference on Organisational Behaviour, Structure and Change, the RICAFE conference, the IZA Conference on Interactions of Financial and Labour Markets, the CES/IFO Summer Institute, the European Economic Association, the Econometric Society, the Stockholm School of Economics, the Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration, Stockholm University, the University of Lugano, the University of Zurich, the Athens University of Economics and Business and the Federal Reserve Bank of Saint Louis for their comments. Giannetti acknowledges financial support from the European Commission grant (CIT5-CT-2006-028942), the Swedish National Research Council and the Riksbanken Jubileum Foundation. All errors are ours.
Fighting for Talent: Risk-Taking, Corporate Volatility and Organisation Change*
Article first published online: 24 JUL 2009
© The Author(s). Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2009
The Economic Journal
Volume 119, Issue 540, pages 1344–1373, October 2009
How to Cite
Friebel, G. and Giannetti, M. (2009), Fighting for Talent: Risk-Taking, Corporate Volatility and Organisation Change. The Economic Journal, 119: 1344–1373. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2009.02289.x
- Issue published online: 4 SEP 2009
- Article first published online: 24 JUL 2009
- Submitted: 6 December 2006 Accepted: 8 October 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!