I am grateful to David Cutler as well as David Bloom, Ken Chay and Richard Frank for their advice and support. Jay Bhattacharya, Hoyt Bleakley, David Canning, Erica Field, Amy Finkelstein, Paul Gertler, Ron Lee, David Levine, Mushfiq Mobarak, Sendhil Mullainathan, Joe Newhouse, Ben Olken, Steve Pischke, Kiki Pop-Eleches, Piedad Urdinola, Alan Zaslavsky, three anonymous referees and numerous seminar participants made helpful suggestions at various stages of this research. Gonzalo Echeverry, Angela Gomez, and especially Gabriel Ojeda at Profamilia were generous with their time and knowledge throughout this project. The views expressed here are not necessarily the views of Profamilia or its staff. Research support from the National Institute on Aging (grant number T32 AG00186) through the National Bureau of Economic Research is gratefully acknowledged. All errors are my own.
Contraception as Development? New Evidence from Family Planning in Colombia*
Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2009
© The Author(s). Journal compilation © Royal Economic Society 2009
The Economic Journal
Volume 120, Issue 545, pages 709–736, June 2010
How to Cite
Miller, G. (2010), Contraception as Development? New Evidence from Family Planning in Colombia. The Economic Journal, 120: 709–736. doi: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.2009.02306.x
- Issue online: 1 JUN 2010
- Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2009
- Submitted: 5 May 2007 Accepted: 29 January 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!